Council is growing a sense of community and taking advantage of the warm climate by providing more opportunities for outdoor recreation and leisure activities through enhanced community facilities and spaces.
The Splashing Out initiative revitalise the Swimming and Fitness Centre, enhancing the amenities (new play equipment and water activities) and liveability of our growing city (provide a community hub to help children learn to swim).
- Cost and duration
Estimated $10 million over 2 years.
- enhance the amenity of the local area
- provides greater health and lifestyle choices
- increases social diversion and youth engagement
- creates local jobs
- improves the attractiveness of the city
- reduces effects of heat and climate
- scalable project (elements can be developed and rolled out over time)
Stage 1: $80,000 joint initiative between Northern Territory Government and City of Palmerston for concept planning
Stage 2: Funding partnership between Federal, Northern Territory Government and City of Palmerston
Photos: new play equipment for the swimming centre upgrade